Forum

Forum » Help

ScammerSaftety! Level I -(New Player)

1. Luana Orlof @ 21 Dec 2008 03:12:48 AM
    This guide will completely explain to you how to stay clear of all sorts of scammers, and remember it is for NOOBS. Yes, it may seem simplistic, so I ask you? - Why do people get scammed like this every day?

-> Respected Mobster Packs. <-

Since there is not yet a running RM market in the states, you can rest assure this tip will help you stay clear of scammers.

-If your seller does not have an RM pack, this is common sense, don't buy and you may as well pass the word of him/her being a scammer. -

Common Item Safety

-> The cheap approach. <-

- If at any time when you are in the processes of a deal, the seller gives you an unimaginable deal, such as a ' STF Liquid Armour ' for 100k, he/she is fake. No one wants to lose money, unless you FULLY trust and know them. Use common sense. If at anytime this happens, ask your seller to use a middle man, this is a test. If he/she at anytime shows refusal, back off and pass his/her name.

-> Refuse of MiddleMan <-

- When you are suspicious about a person you might chose to use this. Usually this tends to be a lethal weapon against scammers. What you need to do is ask the person a simple question, not to complex, not suspicious, such as "My friend told me I had to use a middleman in trades, can we use one?". Say your seller replies, "Well, just trust me.." You back off a pass his name.

-> Refusal of market. <-

- When/If you are ever unwilling to trade with "risk", you can use the market. This is a fool proof system with no ways of scamming. Just make sure the price you see on the market is the price you agreed on. If you a re the seller, make SURE to hospitalise yourself or mug city for you.. :) Same thing , if the other party refuses a middle man, back off.

-> Come to you.. <-

- Scammers will NOT stop with just you messaging them. Usually they will message you and try to draw you in. If they ask you repeatedly to buy, don't because it may be a scam.

Remember, pass the name.
  2. *~*Devils~Baby*~ @ 28 Mar 2009 04:28:20 PM
    If you add a person/user tag to this thread, the player you add, MUST have a Liar/Scammer tag on their profile. IF they do not, and you continue to post their link/tag, you are subject to a Forum Vacation.

3. McFluffyface @ 18 Jan 2010 02:49:07 PM
    Excellent thread
  4. [L~W] Biebsauce @ 17 Apr 2013 03:06:36 PM
    -> Refuse of MiddleMan <-

- When you are suspicious about a person you might chose to use this. Usually this tends to be a lethal weapon against scammers. What you need to do is ask the person a simple question, not to complex, not suspicious, such as "My friend told me I had to use a middleman in trades, can we use one?". Say your seller replies, "Well, just trust me.." You back off a pass his name.
    ----------------------------------------

I always refuse a middle man unless it is a mutually trusted party between the seller and the buyer. If the buyer says "hey can we use [boop] soandso (Level 100, 50 day old acct or something)" I'm going to say fuck that shit and report my buyer for being a scammer.

Middle men are not a good way to determine scammers as they are just as easily used to scam. I disagree with this section.

The rest is pretty solid though.
  5. DaiseyMae @ 12 Apr 2014 05:46:22 AM
    I never trade from one game to another. I got burned doing that and refuse to trade anymore. :erm:
  6. ~BreazyBrea~ @ 15 May 2014 02:41:55 PM
    Let's keep this thread to providing information that will help people prevent from being scammed.
  7. [L~W] Freddy Krueger @ 15 May 2014 03:23:59 PM
    Simple: If it's too good to be true, it probabily is